Wednesday 13 April 2011

Try an Unusual Colour Combination

I had the design in mind. I had the papers I wanted to use. But there was still something missing in the card!
So I decided to add a flower, and WALAH! It was perfect (in my eyes) except the colour of the flower - light brick red - was totally off and did not match the rest of card (turquoise & black).

So I decided to make the flower the next day in a matching colour, only to be bit by the LAZY bug. I sat there too lazy to make another flower but not able to find anything else to fit my design, when it hit me - why not incorporate the colour of the flower into the card!

So I took the lace and inked it with Distress Ink (Fired Brick). It will look very dark at first, but as the ink dries, it spreads, evens out and lightens. I also included a brick red coloured paper.
And the result is this:


I admit that the colour combination is rather unsual, but I feel it turned out rather well.


So why not try an unusual colour combination? It might just turn out great! And if it doesn't, take it as a learning opportunity. :)

Tell me your thoughts! Find me on Facebook or email me - seriayu.cards@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment