Saturday 9 April 2011

An April kind of card

To me this card embodies April - bright and sunny, yet still with cooling April showers.
The paper is from the Mariposa stack (DCWV) and the designs add elegance and a touch of class.

I used to feel that my cards were complicated. But recent trends have had numerous embellishments making their way into card making, not to mention layers upon layers of gorgeous papers, ribbons, lace and flowers. The folding techniques have also become more complicated with so many new card layouts to try.
So now, my cards are categorized as simple cards, as there is minimal embellishments, comparatively, and have a simple 2-fold layout.

For this card, I had used a handmade flower and lace as embellishments, and let the printed paper fill up and set the tone.

Here are some other details of the card, including the inside.

Maybe it's time to 'complicate' my cards?

1 comment: