Friday 22 April 2011

In the meantime: Some cards I made lately

Here they are:

The lace on the above card was coloured by Distress Ink (Crushed Olive). As the lace is cotton, I simply sprayed a bit of water on it and gently swipe the ink onto the lace. At first, the ink will be blotchy but give it 5 mins, and it will spread and even out. When it dries, the lace looks like it was made in that colour!




The normal way I make the paper flowers is to wet the petals and crush them. The crushing gives them a nice texture and natural looking lines. For the flower in the card above, I decided not to crush the flowers just to see the effect. It looks like a blooming rose. The lace is coloured again, using Distress Ink (Antique Linen).





The card above was made for a guy. I admit I hit a mental block for this one so I kept it safe with musculine colours with a dash of orange to brighten it up. The design is also simple, again safe, and because most guys dont go for clutter. For that matter, I dont think most guys go for handmade cards either!






Find me on facebook or contact me at seriayu.cards@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment