Thursday 28 April 2011

Layered Flower

Handmade paper flowers are all the rage now with so many techniques being introduced. Find some gorgeous ideas on YouTube.

I came across the idea for this layered flower in a magazine and decided to try it out.
The technique is simply to layer 2 flowers together but pasting only from the base of the petals to about halfway up. Separate the tips of the flowers by curling them upwards so that the bottom flower layer can be seen.

Sponging the edges of the petals accentuate the layers. Add a few more layers of different sizes and you're done!



For the flower center, try buttons (like I did), small flower buds, beads, filigree, etc - spoiled for choice!

Below are some more images of the finished card I made.


Find me on Facebook or leave me a message - seriayu.cards@gmail.com

1 comment: