Thursday, 30 June 2011

Cover it Up!

It has been a while since I was creative, so embarking on this project was daunting. It was an album cover, which started white, and all that white was a little scary!

I started by stamping and rubbing colour onto the cover as a base. I had an idea to use scrap papers to decorate the album cover, so I began by cutting them into small rectangles and distressing the edges by scraping them and edging them with inks. Then I pasted them onto the cover.

I decided to add stamping on the rectangles and misting them with glimmer mist. Once dried, the cover had a lovely distressed look.

For the front cover, I decided on handmade flowers, made from Spellbinder's Rose Creations. I cut each flower size twice and for the small flowers, I simply removed a couple of the bottom layers.

Lace, glitter, and pearls completed the look. Here is the finished product.

Tell me your thoughts by sending me a message at, or simply find me on facebook!