Monday 13 February 2012

Lovey Dovey Cards

So its V Day! I had actually made a bunch of cards for V day, based on the new 2012 Hero Arts stamps. We had actually made them into a class, and I had been running them for over a month now. But I kept forgetting to post them up.
All the stamps are from Hero Arts and all the pattern papers from DCWV "Be Mine" stack.
So without further ado, let's take a look at them...
  
This card has non-traditional V colours. I went with teal/aqua/pool and bright orange (Hero Hues' Soft Apricot). I stamped the hearts from the All Year Round set, over the pattern paper, added a couple of ribbons, paper string and layered the hearts on the tag. It turned out bright and cheery. And good for all occasions!

I went for a softer look for the next card. In my mind it looks a bit baby-ish. Soft cotton lace, over soft pink and teal colours. The print of words on the pink pattern paper is from the Ampersand set, stamped with Hero Hues' Soft Blossom.

But what V card set would be complete without red and pinks? Cutting squares of pattern paper and sticking them to a layer of red paper, embellished with lace, organza ribbons, strings of pearls and a paper die-cut butterfly (Lifestyle Crafts). It is a terribly easy card, with minimal stamping (sentiment). A testimony to the power of embellishments, dont you agree?
This card and the next 2, are more musculine. Although I never intended that while creating them, the colours just came together while choosing the pattern paper. This layout was inspired by another card (though I cannot remember who was the artist - so sorry!). The image circling the clock face is actually a key, taken from the Truly Grateful set. Black elements add visual impact and kept this from being a "soft" card.

I love making distress/collage looking backgrounds. Altough I will admit they are not as distressed as some out there. Here is a simple example of the style I have. Script wordings with some added stamping to keep the background interesting. Although the London Background stamp with the Big Ben image was stamped in Hero Hues' Soft Brown, it manages to stand out subtly in the background. Circular images form Untitled Postmarks cling stamp set, popped up over criss-crossing paper strings, completes the card.

And the final card I'm showing today is the one that won me the Hero Arts Fresh Face title for January 2012. It was totally unexpected as I found the card simple. Pattern paper, decorative border, repeated image of the hotair ballon from Past Times cling set and a sentiment to wrap it up. I kept the colours blue tone on tone, and introduced black into the design to give it impact. The hotair ballon image was stamped with Versamark Blue Lagoon ink.

There they are - 6 V day cards!
Thanks for visiting and have a great V day with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment