Thursday 16 February 2012

It's Something I am Passionate About & Lily Pad Feb CCC

Oh I love making cards! I get so much joy and satisfaction after I manage to come up with a good looking card. I love the whole process - coming up with the layout, choosing papers, coordinating colors, the sentiments, the embellishments.  And of course, the final product.
And after that, I cant wait to make more!
If you never had a hobby that you are passionate about, I don't expect you to understand.
But the past few months have been a whirlwind for me. My crafting universe was filled only with events and upcoming classes. I had spent weeks conceiving new classes and doing up samples. And after the classes have been launched, I spent time preparing the materials for the classes. Dont get me wrong, I am very thankful I have these classes. Especially when I get to share (and infect) others with my passion for this craft :)
Well, on Sunday I found myself with some free time. What a rare and wonderful thing that is! So I surfed through my favourite blogs and - aaarrgghhh! I had missed the launch of the new Lily Pad February CCC! Fortunately, the deadline is 15 Feb, so I had just about 3 days to come up with a card and submit it.
After looking at the themes for this month's CCC, I decided on a BIRD card. I also tried to follow the color palette of Fawn, Chestnut and Blush.
Here is the card I came up with:

I am in love with Stampendous! birds. This one is CRS5029 Jumbo Songbird. I used VersaMagic to ink the stamp. The sentiment is from Stampendous! also - SSC1116 Friendship Assortment.
Ahhhhh.... I felt so good after completing this card! I hope to be able to squeeze some time this weekend to make a couple more cards. I have so many ideas to try, I almost wish I do not need to sleep. Either that or there should be more than 24 hours in a day!

Thanks for visiting & have a good day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment