Monday 26 March 2012

Some cards

I've been a busy preparing for classes and have a few project ideas swimming around in my head at the moment. They are clamouring for my attention to make them come to life. I will need to sit down one of these days to create.

In the meantime, here are some photos of s few cards I made a few weeks ago.

This card basically just plays with pattern paper and embossed paper. Punching the lace border in black really made it stand-out. Adding lines of black (layering on the card & ribbon) can add visual interest and make your cards stunning!



I was looking at my Hollyhock stamp (from Stampendous) and just decided to white emboss it. I sponged in some color to make the flowers stand out from the background. Punched lace border, pearls and a sentiment to finish off the card. Keeping the colors in monochrome (shades of one color) makes the whole card come together nicely.


The colors of this card came baout due to the pattern papers I chose. The stamps from Stampendous were perfect for this sentiment from Impression Obsession. It still looked a bit empty to me so I added the die-cut doily. Bright cheerful colors can help to make your cards feel light and not so serious, even when you have 'serious' images.


I added interest to this otherwise simple card by dragging my distress ink pad directly on the edges of the paper, to give those lines you see around the typewriter image. I spent quite a long time looking for a pattern paper to match the die-cut Lattice border, and finally settled on this one. Kept the card simple to avoid cluttering the image.

Hope to find more time to create more cards soon.
Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment