Monday 21 November 2011

Quick Cards - It's Christmas (again) and Snowflakes

I managed 2 quick cards today!


The first one was made really quick, partly because it just involved stamping same image repeatedly, and partly because it is not my own original idea. In other words, I copied someone's design.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got this design from. I had waited for some time for the Zinnia stamp set to come and in that time, I have lost the information on the original designer. I am terribly sorry that I cannot give credit where it's due.


This card uses the pattern stamp that comes with the Zinnia set, stamped repeatedly and embossed. Next comes the ribbon and lastly the tag.  Pearls were added to the pattern, and in this card, they form an essential part of the design because they balance and pull the card together by providing the match to the tag and ribbon. I kept the colour scheme simple, focusing on just red, black and white.




My second quick card is my own original design :)
In the Snowflake set, there are 3 snowflakes of different sizes. I used the largest one to stamp the background. Next I stamped and embossed the 3 snowflakes on white paper, cut and layer them. Finally, I topped it up with a lace ribbon and button, and added the sentiment at the bottom.




Thanks for viewing!


Supplies:
Stampendous
CRS5050 Zinnia 
CRS5014 Snowflakes
SSC1068 Christmas Wishes


Paper: DCWV Box of Cards - The Christmas Combo & The Winter Combo

No comments:

Post a Comment