Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Cheater (or Smarter) Way to Matching Papers


I was browsing through Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft (Aust) magazine the other night, looking for inspiration, when I happen upon a beautiful card using layers of die cut frames.  I decided I would try the layout and set off looking for matching papers to do the layers.

After sorting through the box of leftover papers (I'm sure every paper crafter has one), I could not find any suitable matches. So I turned to my paper stacks and set about again, and discovered why buying papers in stacks are the easiest way to match papers, because stacks are made up of matching papers (that's why they are in stack - duh!)

So next time a need for matching papers arises, reach for the nearest paper stack and you won't go wrong!

Anyway, here is the card that I made. I used DCWV Baby Boy stack (updated), and the stamps are from Hero Arts (front), Stampendous (inside) and Penny Black (flower on the inside). For inks - Versacolor (pigment, black), Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap and Tumbled Glass).



 



1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful! ... I think you're right about matching papers, buying paper stacks are the best way... with all of the leftover and scraps of paper ... sometimes you just can't find the match you're looking for. Susanne (lavender&roses)

    ReplyDelete