Sunday 24 July 2011

Card Chain Challenge

I recently joined a Card Chain Challenge (CCC) organised by Lily Pad Cards.
Card Chain Challenge consist of a group of crafters, who, upon joining the challenge, commit to making a card according to the theme(s) provided and sending this card to another member. They in turn will receive a card from another member.
This means that all members of the CCC will make and give away a card, and receive one in return.

I was super excited about this challenge which was the 1st I was participating.
This was the card I made, and it was sent to Betty Schaub of Texas.
I decided to try combining black, a serious kind of colour, with a fun, sweet colour - pink. I cut the circular card using Cricut Wild Card cartridge on the Expressions machine. The flowers are from Hero Arts and the sentiment from Penny Black Inc stamps.



I also, very excitingly, received a card from Kim Chong of Selangor!
Kim was so kind to also include some flowers for me to use. Thanks Kim!


The girl as the central image of Kim's card was so beautifully coloured and combined so well with the pattern papers that Kim used.


I am so looking forward to the next challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for publishing my card Normah! And the card you made for the CCC is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normah, now that I've seen it, I am even more excited about receiving your SWAP CARD!!!!

    Thanks,
    Betty Schaub aka ZacksNana

    ReplyDelete